Each year prior to the AFDO Annual Educational Conference, resolutions are submitted to the AFDO Board of Directors for consideration.
It is through this process that members, committees and regional affiliate associations surface concerns, and suggested action, relating to legislative, regulatory and technical issues as they apply to foods, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices and consumer product safety issues.
All resolutions reviewed and approved by the Board of Directors are presented to the membership during the Annual Business meeting on Wednesday for consideration and vote for adoption.
After the annual conference actions are taken to carry out those resolutions adopted by the membership. These actions may include referral to one of the federal agencies for consideration, letters to Congress or to other organizations, or referral to the appropriate AFDO committee (i.e., development of an AFDO position paper, model code or other action).
- A resolution is currently under development for 2023.
- FDA Response to 2019 AFDO Resolutions
- Resolution 1: Charcoal aka Activated Carbon Used as a Food or Beverage Ingredient
- Resolution 2: Incorporating General Education Online Courses into Program Standards
- Resolution 3: Availability of Level 1 and General Education Online Training to Academic Institutions
- Resolution 4: Evaluating and Establishing Prerequisites for FDA Classroom Based Courses
- FDA Response to 2018 AFDO Resolutions
- Resolution 1: Kratom
- Resolution 2: Liquid Nitrogen and Dry Ice used as food and beverage ingredients
- Resolution 3: FDA Traceability Guidance
- Resolution 4: FDA/OHAFO Workplanning Consistency
- Resolution 5: Regulator Preventive Controls Training for State Officials
- Resolution 1: Establishing a Retail Food Regulatory Program Standards Alliance in the Conference for Food Protection
- Resolution 2: Imported Food
- Resolution 3: Flexible; Cost Effective; Sustainable and Accessible FDA Training for State Programs
- Resolution 4: Lead levels in spices
- Resolution 5: Work planning
- Resolution 6: The document entitled Best Practices for Submission of Actionable Food and Feed Testing Data Generated
- FDA Response to 2016 AFDO Resolutions
- Resolution 1: FDA’s Use of Private Laboratories
- Resolution 2: Costs for Analytical Samples
- Resolution 3: Decrease in FDA Contract Inspections for States
- Resolution 4: Marijuana Infused Edibles
- Resolution 5: Review for Potential Harmonization of VNRFRPS and MFRPS
- Resolution 6: Best Practices for Environmental Assessments of Manufactured Food Facilities and Farms
- Resolution 7: Federal Contributions to Long Term Sustainability of an ISO/IEC 17025 Accredited State Food and Feed Laboratory System
- Resolution 8: Liquid Nitrogen and Dry Ice use as Food and Beverage Ingredients
- Resolution 9: Good Manufacturing Practice Regulations for Cosmetics
- FDA Response to 2015 AFDO Resolutions
- Resolution 1: Functional Food Defense Plans
- Resolution 2: Date Labeling of Food
- Resolution 3: Enhancing FSMA Implementation
- Resolution 4: Voluntary National Retail Food Regulatory Program Standards
- Resolution 1: Operational Structure for FSMA Implementation
- Resolution 2: FSMA Compliance and Enforcement
- Resolution 3: AFDO Training Proposal (Manufactured Food Training for State Agencies)
- Resolution 4: PFP Laboratory Task Group Food/Feed Testing Laboratories Best Practices Manual