June 30, 2021
|Date||Brand Name||Product||Product Type||Recall Reason||Company|
|06/29/2021||Flock Party||Duck treats||Animal & Veterinary, Pet Food, Food & Beverages, Pet Food||Potential to be contaminated with Salmonella||Manna Pro Products, LLC|
|Posted Date||Issue Date||Company||Issuing Office||Subject|
|06/29/2021||06/17/2021||International General Trading Corp.||Division of Northeast Imports||Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP)|
|06/29/2021||06/08/2021||STB Quarters, LLC||Division of Northern Border Imports||Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP)|
|06/29/2021||06/21/2021||IDC USA INC||Division of Northeast Imports||Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP)|
|06/29/2021||06/23/2021||Great Healthworks, Inc.||Office of Human and Animal Food Operations, Division IV East||Unapproved New Drugs/Misbranded|
|06/29/2021||06/07/2021||Flora Inc||Division of Human and Animal Food Operations West VI||New Drug/Misbranded|
|06/29/2021||05/26/2021||JLM Nutritionals, Inc. dba JLM Nutrition—Super Naturals Health||Office of Human and Animal Food Operations- West Division 5||New Drug/Misbranded|
|AGENCY: USDA-APHIS||RIN: 0579-AD10||Status: Pending Review|
|TITLE:Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy and Scrapie; Importation of Small Ruminants and Their Germplasm, Products, and Byproducts|
|STAGE: Final Rule||ECONOMICALLY SIGNIFICANT: No|
|** RECEIVED DATE: 06/29/2021||LEGAL DEADLINE: None|
- Today, FDA released a list of prioritized human food & cosmetic guidance documents it plans to publish within the next 12 months, which is intended to provide stakeholders with greater transparency, predictability & insight into FDA’s foods program. https://go.usa.gov/x6GdP
- [RT @consumerbrands]: The transparency we need. Thanks @US_FDA for a look at what’s ahead.
- Today, @US_FDA foods program released a list of draft and final human food guidance topics that are a priority to complete during the next 12 months. Topics include: allergens, dietary supplements, food additives, food safety. https://go.usa.gov/x6GdN
- This is just one of several resources our foods program routinely provides stakeholders for increased transparency plus additional insights. Note, these documents represent the FDA’s current thinking on a specific topic, but they do not impose legally enforceable requirements.
July 1, 2021
- Today, FDA is providing an update on its ongoing sampling and testing efforts designed to better understand the occurrence of PFAS in the food supply. https://go.usa.gov/x67ev
- The results released today are similar to results found in previous analyses. Since we began testing foods for PFAS in 2019, only 4 samples out of nearly 300 tested have had detectable levels of PFAS & none have been determined to be at levels of concern for human health.
- To better understand occurrence of PFAS in seafood, we are conducting a targeted survey of the most commonly consumed seafood in the U.S. Identifying potential PFAS exposures from foods is a high priority for FDA and we will share further updates as our work progresses.
- The FDA is committed to continuing to advance the science and filling knowledge gaps regarding the occurrence of PFAS in the general food supply.
- [RT @US_FDA]: Today FDA provided an update on our ongoing efforts to better understand the occurrence of PFAS in the food supply. https://go.usa.gov/x67ev