This event has ended
June 10, 2021
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Join the International Government Relations Committee Meeting Committee for their annual committee meeting. This meeting usually takes place at the AFDO Annual Educational Conference, but, with the conference being virtual, we have moved all of the committee meetings to a virtual format. This event is FREE to attend.
- LaTonya M. Mitchell, Ph.D., Food and Drug Administration
- Linsey Hollett, Health Canada
Presentation: CODEX CCFICS: Tri-Lateral Approach to Import/Export Food Safety Certification Systems (US – Canada – Mexico)
CODEX Alimentarius was founded in 1963 by the UN’s WHO and FAO to develop voluntary international food standards, guidelines and codes of practice to support the safety, quality and fairness of international food trade. The Codex Committee on Food Import and Export Inspection and Certification Systems (CCFICS) primarily is developing principles and guidelines for food import and export inspection and certification systems. Presentation will include a basic overview of Codex Alimentarius and an overview of CCFICS work by representatives of USA, Canada and Mexico.
- Mary H. Stanley, Office of International Coordination, Food Safety and Inspection Service, United States Department of Agriculture
- Health Canada (Invited)
- COFEPRIS (Invited)
Presentation: FSMA Turns 10: Celebrating the Accomplishments and Looking Toward the Future
The Food Safety Modernization Act was signed into law in January 2011. In this session, the co-chairs of the FDA FSMA Implementation Steering Committee will provide a look back at the work that has been accomplished to implement this landmark legislation and will talk about what’s next for FSMA implementation.
- Jennifer Thomas, Senior Advisor, Center for Food Safety & Applied Nutrition, United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Glenn Bass, Deputy Program Director, Office of Human and Animal Food Operations – West, Office of Regulatory Affairs, FDA