Milk and shellfish project Ideas
The Milk and Shellfish Grant Program is designed to fund projects that assist programs in achieving and/or maintaining compliance with requirements and goals of the National Grade “A” Milk Safety Program and National Shellfish Sanitation Program. Specific examples by project Category are identified below.
Please note that only certain costs, including funding for specific courses and registration fees, are allowable under the Milk and Shellfish Grant Program. See the Program Rules, Terms, and Conditions section of the Grant Guidance for more detail.
Annual training needs grants (examples)
Eligible Training needs for National Grade “A” Milk Safety Programs include:
- FD373 State LEO Workshop (1)
- FD376 NCIMS Dairy HACCP Applications in the Milk Industry (1)
- FD378 Preventive Controls in Grade “A” Dairy Plant (1)
- FD385 Automatic Milking Installation Sanitation and Inspection (1)
- FD578 Advanced Problems in Milk (1)
- 3-A Sanitary Standards Association Meeting
- Dairy Farm Sanitation and Inspection (1)
- DPC Dairy Practices Council Meeting
- Eastern Milk Seminar
- FEMA Emergency Response Course
- Milk Pasteurization Controls and Tests (1)
- Milk Plant Sanitation and Inspection (1)
- NADRO National Association of Dairy Regulatory Officials
- Special Problems in Milk Protection (1, 2)
- Other Training may be funded as a secondary priority, as funding permits and when a strong justification is provided by the applicant agency.\
Eligible Training needs for National Shellfish Sanitation Programs include:
- ER220 Traceback Investigations (1)
- FD242 Sanitary Survey of Shellfish Growing Areas (1)
- FD245 Shellfish Plant Standardization (1)
- FD246 Shellfish Laboratory Methods and Evaluation (1)
- FD342 Advanced Shellfish Growing Areas Course (1)
- FEMA Emergency Response Courses
- GIS Courses
- GSASSC Gulf and South Atlantic States Shellfish Conference
- ISS Interstate Seafood Seminar
- NESSA New England Shellfish Sanitation Association
- Other FD Course Offered by OTED (not specifically listed above)
- PacRim Pacific Rim Shellfish Sanitation Conference
- PARLEOM / NELEOM Methodology and Policy Meetings
- Participation in a Dye Study
- Seafood Alliance HACCP Training
- Shellfish Program Management Meetings
- Other Training may be funded as a secondary priority, as funding permits and when a strong justification is provided by the applicant agency, such as in-state training, staff training meetings, out of state standardizations travel and university-based online courses.
(1) Confirmed local delivery or other confirmed deliveries only.
(2) State Rating Officers and State Rating Officers in training only will be considered.