The Milk and Shellfish Grant Program provides state cooperative program grants for the Grade “A” Milk Safety and National Shellfish Sanitation Programs.
This program is supported by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) as part of a financial assistance award U18FD006732 totaling $3,000,000 with 100 percent funded by FDA/HHS. The contents are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of, nor an endorsement, by FDA/HHS, or the U.S. Government.
About the program
Each year, grant funding is available to state or territorial (Puerto Rico) agencies that have the regulatory authority to implement the Grade “A” Milk Safety Program and/or the National Shellfish Sanitation Program. Applicants to this program can expect a simple application process, up-front funding when required by the project, and simple reporting requirements.
Equipment grant program
Shellfish Equipment Grants
APPLICATION DATES: MARCH 1 – APRIL 2, 2021
The portal will be open for five weeks, March 1 – April 2, 2021, and accepting Shellfish Equipment Grant applications. Applications are due by 7:59 p.m. eastern time Friday, April 2, 2021. (Late applications will not be accepted.)
Milk Equipment Grants
APPLICATION DATES: MARCH 1 – APRIL 2, 2021
The portal will be open for five weeks, March 1 – April 2, 2021, and accepting Milk Equipment Grant applications. Applications are due by 7:59 p.m. eastern time Friday, April 2, 2021. (Late applications will not be accepted.)
Maximum award limits
Maximum Award Limits Have Changed for Shellfish Equipment Grants:
- Each Producing state program can receive up to $40,000 to purchase Shellfish Equipment
- Each Non-Producing state program can receive up to $5,000 to purchase Shellfish Equipment
- For states that have multiple applications from different agencies with a role in implementing the Interstate Shellfish Sanitation Program, the maximum limit will apply per state
Maximum Award Limits for Milk Equipment Grants:
- Each state and Puerto Rico can receive up to $25,000 to purchase Milk Equipment
- For states that have multiple applications from different agencies with a role in implementing the national Grade “A” Milk Program, the maximum limit will apply per state.
Access your grant records
To access the grants management portal:
- Existing Users (who have previously applied for a grant through this program) may use their username and password to log in at the upper right corner of this page, or click here. If you cannot find your username and/or password, please click here to reset it.
- New Applicants (who have not applied for or received a grant from this program) should click here to create an account.
All applicants are encouraged to review the 2021 Milk and Shellfish Grant Program Grant Guidance (PDF).
Please bookmark this page, https://www.afdo.org/grants/msgrants, as it will always contain the most up-to-date information about the grant program. If you would like to receive news and updates when new information is available, please register your email address here.
Log into the grants management portal at right, or contact us at (717) 814-9873 or email@example.com if you have questions about your current award.
Program data interactive map
The interactive map provides detailed grant information of all Milk and Shellfish awardees since this program’s inception in 2017. The numbers associated with states represent the total number of grant-funded regulatory agencies.
The online grants management portal system is now accepting reimbursement requests from participants whose grant applications were approved. Use your username and password in the right menu of this page to access your individualized reports. In addition, Grant Reimbursement Instructions are located on the right side of this home page underneath the “Reimbursement Request” header.
Please Note: A reimbursement check will be made to your organization as a whole, and cannot be made payable to any individual.
For current grantees and applicants
Additionally, you may use the portal to view the status of your grant award(s), view and print copies of both awarded and declined applications, view and print copies of your official award letter(s), and submit required reports and reimbursement requests.