About the Program
The State Manufactured Food Student Internship Program supports state food safety programs in their implementation of a summer college student internship.
Please note that only state programs with a manufactured food regulatory component are eligible to apply for this funding opportunity.
The goal of this project is to facilitate the development of college interns/student workers while cultivating their interest in food safety regulatory career opportunities. Interns under this project will work within an agency’s regulatory manufactured food safety program (at least 50 percent of their total time), with support to supplemental food program components.Download the 2024 Funding Announcement
Please review the Funding Announcement instructions and guidance carefully. To be considered for funding, applicants must follow the information found within the announcement.
Want to get some additional information on this project?
Watch the recorded Q&A info session about this grant opportunity hosted Nov. 15, 2023.
- Open date: Submissions will be accepted beginning Oct. 16, 2023.
- Application deadline: Dec. 15, 2023, by 7:59 p.m. EST (Late applications will not be accepted. All completed applications shall be submitted in the online AFDO Student Internship grant portal.)
- Notice of award: AFDO will issue grant award or decline letters on or before Jan. 12, 2024, by 4:59 p.m. EST.
- AFDO support for advertising internship opportunities with awardees: Jan.-Apr. 2024
- Awardee interview and hiring completed by awarded agency: No later than May 1, 2024
- Internship start date: Should fall between May 1 and June 1, 2024
- Internship end date: Should fall between August 15 and September 15, 2024
- Reporting due date: Oct. 30, 2024 (final documentation related to project deliverables)
Accessing Your Grant Records and Reports
To access the grants management portal at any time for the Student Internship grant:
- Existing users (who have previously applied for a grant through this program) may use their username and password to log in to the FDA/AFDO grant management portal: https://msgrants.fluxx.io/portal. If you can’t find your username and/or password, please click here to reset it.
- New applicants (who have not applied for, or previously received, a grant from this program) should create a new account: https://msgrants.fluxx.io/lois/new?utf8=%E2%9C%93&commit=New+User+Registration. Once you have your account, log in at any time to review your grant application(s) and award(s).
- This online grants management portal system is designed for awardees to submit one final close-out project report and reimbursement request for the grant (due on or before Oct. 30, 2024). Please use your username and password in the grant management portal to access your individualized reports. Note that reimbursement checks are made to your organization as a whole, and cannot be made payable to any individual.
- If you have questions or encounter issues with the Student Internship grant award, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (251) 923-6754.