November 10, 2020
Hosted Virtually via the Zoom Platform
40th Annual Food Safety & Sanitation (FSS) Workshop is FREE this year!
You must register to receive the Zoom link. All interested attendees are required to have their own registration.
Please visit our website for additional workshop information and registration: http://ext100.wsu.edu/foodsanitation/
Remote Delivery through Zoom
In order to accommodate social distancing guidance, we will be hosting this workshop remotely through the Zoom Platform. All participants will need to have access to a laptop or desktop with the following:
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam – built-in or USB plug-in
- For security purposes, you must have a Zoom account
- This virtual meeting experience will be more enjoyable on a laptop or desktop
Benefits of Attending Virtually
- Our top industry speakers will be available for questions & answer sessions
- It is FREE this year!
- You will have first access to the presentations
- We compressed the workshop down to one day
- Virtual Exhibit Hall to ask our exhibitors questions about their products and services
November 10, 2020
9:00 am Welcome and Introductions
9:30 am Rodent Pest Management Updates For the Food Industry: 2020 Bobby Corrigan, RMC Pest Management Consulting
10:45 am FDA Inspections: Trends and Adjustments Miriam Burbach, US Food & Drug Administration – Seattle District
12:20 pm How the Food and Beverage Industry Changed Overnight to Meet Extraordinary Demand and Preparing for What’s Next Roberta Wagner, VP of Regulatory and Technical Affairs, Consumer Brands Association
1:25 pm Basics of Cleaning & Sanitation/Choosing an Effective Sanitizer^ Donald Jones, Wesmar Company, Inc
2:40 pm Environmental Monitoring and the Role of the Sanitation Team Jennifer McEntire, United Fresh Produce Association
3:40 pm Closing Remarks
3:50 pm Virtual Exhibit Hall: Visit exhibitors in breakout rooms
* Any portion of the proposed agenda is subject to change.
^ Denotes basic workshop session.