Funding Opportunity Announcement: Limited Competition: Conformance with the Manufactured Food Regulatory Program Standards (MFRPS) (U18) cooperative agreement program The Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA), Office of Partnerships (OP) is pleased to announce the posting of the Request for Applications (RFA) for Conformance with the Manufactured Food Regulatory Program Standards (MFRPS) (U18) cooperative agreement program.
Awards up to $300,000 per year will be made in FY 2014, but application budgets should reflect the actual needs of the proposed project. The awardee may receive up to 5 years of funding based on performance and availability of funds.
Although individual year outcomes may vary among programs, the overall outcomes of the work provided under this multi-year cooperative agreement are as follows:
1. State manufactured food regulatory programs will achieve and sustain significant to full conformance with the MFRPS.
2. State manufactured food regulatory programs will contribute to the continuous improvement of the MFRPS through attendance at an annual face-to-face meeting, active participation in committees, and other initiatives.
3. Strategies for achieving and sustaining conformance with the MFRPS that can be duplicated on a national basis will be developed.
4. Provide FDA the foundation for pursuing regulatory action based upon the findings of State manufactured food regulatory programs.
5. Provide the State manufactured food regulatory program the ability to further enhance capability and protect public health through the development and implementation of Standard Enhancement Projects (SEPs).
Organizations eligible to apply for this cooperative agreement are limited to State manufactured food regulatory programs with current FDA food safety inspection contracts in satisfactory standing, or those that meet the eligibility requirements and agree to enter into a food safety inspection contract with FDA at the earliest possible date.
Letters of intent are requested by April 18, 2014.
The next application due date is June 4, 2014, 11:59 PM Eastern Time
. Late applications will not be accepted.