At the Global Aquaculture Alliance (GAA), our mission is to promote responsible aquaculture practices through education, advocacy and demonstration. For over 20 years, we have demonstrated our commitment to feeding the world through responsible and sustainable aquaculture.
GAA’s Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) certification is the world’s most trusted, comprehensive and proven third-party aquaculture certification program. Through the BAP certification program, we’ve been improving the environmental, social and economic performance of the aquaculture supply chain and growing the global supply of responsibly farmed seafood. Our BAP Operations team works closely with Certification Bodies throughout the world in support of audits intended to ensure BAP standards are maintained and adhered to.
GAA is seeking an experienced individual to join our team as Senior Program Integrity Specialist.
Reporting to the Program Integrity Manager, the Sr. Program Integrity Specialist is responsible to manage all routine operations underpinning the integrity of the BAP certification program and deliver new projects as required to enhance BAP program Integrity.
Other responsibilities include:
- · Communicate with certification bodies, facilities, and BAP staff regarding program integrity compliance issues and sanctions.
- · Review non-conformities and other summary statistics from audit reports.
- · Conduct performance monitoring of auditors and certification bodies.
- · Conduct and coordinate on-site and desk-top integrity audits.
- · Select, direct, or train others to assist in Program Integrity projects.
- · Provide assistance in auditor training events.
- · Monitor summary regulatory detention/refusal data for BAP Facilities.
- · Review facility compliance issues.
- · Assist in the review of new standards, and in the development and updating of interpretation guidelines to standards, to ensure auditability.
- · Maintain systematic record keeping
- · Maintain compliance with external benchmarks, notably GFSI, GSSI and GSCP.
- · Update existing Program Integrity policy and procedural documents.
- · Provide reports and updates to the Program Integrity Team and GAA Management.
- · Develop and manage new projects designed to strengthen and improve function, effectiveness and oversight of Program Integrity within GAA and BAP.
To be successful in this role requires:
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse team of stakeholders
- Superior organization, analytical, problem solving and time management skills
- Exemplary written and oral communication.
- Proven ability to set and achieve goals
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- High degree of professionalism and cultural sensitivity
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- · Bachelor’s Degree in Aquaculture, Marine Biology, or Food Science
- · Five to ten years related experience in the seafood, auditing, certification or seafood arenas
- · Food safety expertise/experience and qualifications are a definite advantage.
Specialized Experience, Certificates and Licenses highly desired:
· Work experience related directly to GAA Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) Standards
· Multi competencies in farm, hatchery, feed mill, and processing plant standards
· ISO 17065
· ISO 19011
· ISO 17025
· ILO Conventions
· ISO 26000
· Social Accountability 8000
· ISO 9001
· Global GAP
GAA is headquartered in Portsmouth, NH. We provide a casual and fun environment, competitive compensation and benefits, and the opportunity to be part of a great team in a mission driven organization. If interested, please submit a resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. While we appreciate our agency partners, we are not using third parties to help fill this role.