The 2019 Milk and Shellfish Grant Program application portal reopens tomorrow! The portal will accept equipment grant applications only beginning on April 3, 2019. Here is what you can expect:
● A simple application process and easy reporting.
● Agencies that applied and/or were previously awarded funds are eligible to apply again for Calendar Year 2019 equipment funding.
● The program provides funds in support of state and territorial (Puerto Rico) agencies that have the regulatory authority to implement the National Grade “A” Milk Safety Program and/or the National Shellfish Sanitation Program.
Key updates for the Calendar Year 2019 Milk and Shellfish Grant Program:
● Equipment Grants – The application portal for Calendar Year 2019 Equipment Grants will open on April 3 and remain open until May 8, 2019 (7:59 PM ET). Once Awards are made (expected in early June), projects must be completed no later than December 31, 2019. Jurisdictions can submit one application in support of their eligible National Grade “A” Milk Safety Program, and/or one application in support of their eligible National Shellfish Sanitation Program (NSSP). State Laboratories that provide services to Grade “A” Milk and NSSP programs may also apply. Maximum award amount is expected to be $5,000 per application.
Important Note: We plan to make approximately 60-90 Milk and Shellfish equipment awards in CY 2019, with funding likely between $2,500 and $5,000 per subaward. If you are requesting more than $2,500 in your application, please clearly explain how any amount over $2,500 would be covered if your subaward amount was limited to $2,500.
● Training Grants – Calendar Year 2019 Training Needs Grants ($500 up to a maximum of $1,800 per person/ per course) – Awards were made in December 2018, for Calendar Year 2019 Training Awards. Log into the Grant Portal at http://www.afdo.org/msgrants, or contact us at (850) 583-4593 or email@example.com if you have questions about your current awards.
How to Apply
To stay informed of the latest developments on this funding opportunity and to find more information about it, visit the AFDO Milk and Shellfish Grants website at: http://www.afdo.org/msgrants. The website will have the most up-to-date information about this grant program, and will reopen for Calendar Year 2019 equipment applications on April 3, 2019.
For Additional Information: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Phone: (850) 583-4593